Huangshan City, located in Anhui Province, the southeast of China, known as a gather place of Hui Culture and Daoism culture. The city name is a aslo means the most famous attraction, Huangshan Scenic Area....
Chinese Name: 黄山市
English IPA: [huáng shān]
Location: East China
Population (city): 1,373,700
Zip code: 245000
Tel code: 0559
Time zone: UTC + 8
Huangshan City has a history of over 2200 years dating from Qin Dynasty (221-206 BC). The city was once a cradle of splendid cultures and great charming. Huangshan(Yellow Mountain) is one of the most famous and beautiful mountainous areas in China, located in the eastern province of Anhui, ranks among the Great Wall and the famous Terracotta Warriors as one of China’s most charming tourist attraction.
- Huangshan Scenic Area:The Yellow Mountains was listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1990. Its marvelous natural view includes oddly-shaped pines and rocks, and amazing cloud seas.
- Xidi village: The history of Xidi Ancient Village was can be traced back to the 11th Century, decorated with a lot of wood carvings, stone carvings and tile carvings, which would lead you to enjoy the culture of Ming and Qing dynasties.
- Xin An River: The river is a tributary of the Qiantang River. Many scenic spots scatter along the beautiful river, such as White Sand Bridge (Baishaqiao), Red Pond (Zhuchi), Phoenix Alighting Hill (Luofengshan), Plum City (Meicheng) and Double Pagodas Piercing Clouds (Shuangtalingyun).
- Tunxi Ancient Street: Old Street, old shops, old architecture and and amazing Chinese food restaurants, make Tunxi Old Street one of the region’s favorite tourist spots.
- Hongcun Village: The ancient small village has la history of more than 800 year. Its deep culture, traditional country scenery, and well-preserved old buildings lead it into the World Heritage List.
Other Destinations in Huangshan
Huangshan, a collection of Hui Culture. Traditional ancient garden, lifelike miniascape, crystal clear water, quiet flowing, peaceful village and long history. You can enjoy the leisurely life pace in the Chinese garden, sailing on the water to enjoy peaceful life, watching the locals playing cards and mahjong and clearing the mind at the splendid mount. Also, many historical and cultural sites will make you better understand the tradition and long history of Huangshan. Closely touching the Hui Culture, tasting the [...]
Do you want to appreciate the most splendid view of sunrise and sunset at the peculiarly-shaped rocks and pines on the Yellow Mountains? Do you want to taste the Huangshan’s most famous tea — maofengtea (毛峰茶), one of China’s top 10 teas? Do you want to touch the Hui Culture and the traditional ancient-styled architectural buildings around the Huizhou Ancient City? Huangshan, the famous city of Anhui, would lead you into a peaceful and wonderful tour life! Believe this tour would [...]
- More City Tours Including Huangshan >>
- More China Provinces Tours Including Huangshan >>
- More Multi-City Tours Including Huangshan >>
- All Tours Including Huangshan >>
Climate & When to Go
Huangshan City is located in the subtropics area. May to August is the rain season; average annual temperature ranges from 15C (59F)-16C (60.8F). In the winter, most areas are free of severe winter cold. From April to June, Mt. Huangshan is rainy and cloudy. The height of Huangshan makes it avoid hot in summer. The average temperature of winter is above 0C (32F). In April the average temperature on Mt. Huangshan is 10C (50F). Flowers and [...]
The transportation network in Huangshan is developed. It has Huangshan Airport; it has convenient railway lines; Within the city area, there are subways, city buses, taxis and many other transport conveniences for passengers to choose from. By Flight The airport offers domestic flights from Huangshan to Beijing, Shanghai, Wuhan, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Xian, Zhuhai, Guilin, Jinan, Hefei, Fuzhou, Xiamen and Chengdu, along with other less popular cities. The airport is also served by two regional airlines offering flights to Hong [...]
Festivals and Activities
Huangshan has quite a variety of festivals and events spread throughout the year, which range from the commercial, like the agricultural products fair to the traditional opera stage and Dragon Boat Race. Almost any Huangshan Tour could be enhanced with an event or a festival with a little careful planning. China Huangshan International Tourism Festival Time: the second half of each year location: Huangshan City Festivals and activities: Huangshan scenery tour, Huangshan ancient residential tour, the Chinese historical and [...]
Climate The peak tourist season lasts from April to November. However, the winter season is considered a good time to view of white paradise. View Point • Sunrise: Refreshing Terrace, Shuguang Pavilion, Lion Peak, Jade Screen Pavilion, Bright Peak • Sunset: Paiyun (Cloud Dispersing) Pavilion, Red Cloud Peak • Cloud Sea: Jade Screen Pavilion, Refreshing Terrace, White Goose Ridge, Paiyun Pavilion, Bright Peak • Snowscape: Jade Screen Pavilion, North Sea, Pine Valley, Cloud Valley, Hot Spring Clothing Don't forget to enough warm clothes and [...]
Huangshan is a amazing natural and traditional city, always waiting you to explore its splendid views and beauty. Before you start your trip, figuring out Huangshan Attractions and what to do in Huangshan will make this trip more pleasant and go well. Tasting the authentic Hui cuisine on Tunxi Ancient Street, strolling leisurely in the Bao’ Family Garden, "faling" in the secret surroundings of the Qiyun Mountain in Huangshan, reviewing history in the China Huizhou Culture Museum, relaxing on the [...]
A good and comfortable accommodation is very significant! There are many hotels and guesthouse in the Huangshan City and near Huangshan attraction. This guiding article would list good hotels to stay in Huangshan. Recommended Hotels Banyan Tree Huangshan 5.0 Star Hotel Address: No.1 Banyan Tree Road, Huangshan 245531, China "Beautiful hotel, great experience. We stayed for one night only after Huangshan visit. The hotel is a little remote but only a short drive from Hongcun. The room [...]