Located in southwest China, Guizhou Province(贵州省) is bounded by Sichuan and Chongqing in the north, Yunnan in the west, Guangxi in the south and Hunan in the east. Guizhou, literally means “precious land” in Chinese. What such a ironic...
Chinese Name: 贵州省
English IPA: Guizhou Province
Location: Southwest China
Population (city): 35800000
Language: Southwestern Mandarin
Located in southwest China, Guizhou Province(贵州省) is bounded by Sichuan and Chongqing in the north, Yunnan in the west, Guangxi in the south and Hunan in the east. Guizhou, literally means “precious land” in Chinese. What such a ironic name it is for a province that is regarded as one of the poorest in China! But brimming with dramatic landscapes, rich in minority culture and diversity in ethnic folk festivals, Guizhou is absolutely an amazing destination that should be list on any traveler’s itinerary. Many Chinese minorities have been living on this land for centuries. Visitors who travel there can not only enjoy all kinds of scenic spots, but also discover rich and unique folk customs and cultures of different ethnic groups.
- Breathtaking Scenery: Guizhou is one of the most typical karst landforms in the world, with the most bright and colorful karst landscapes. Famous scenic spots are Huangguoshu Waterfall, Chishui Danxia Landform, Zhijin Cave, Hongfeng Lake(红枫湖), Mountain Fanjing, Site of the Zunyi Conference, Qingyan Ancient Town, etc.
- Ethnic Culture: Guizhou province is home to 48 ethnic groups in China, among which there are 18 long-dwelling peoples including Han, Miao, Buyi, Dong, Tujia, Yi, Gelao, Shui, Hui, Bai, Yao, Zhuang, She, Maonan, Man, Mongol, Mulao and Qiang. Each ethnic group has its own unique customs and culture.
- Miao paper-cutting culture: Miao paper-cut is commonly known as “flower paper”, “flower cutting”, “embroidery paper”, which means “animal paper-cut” and “flower paper-cut” in Miao language. Miao paper-cut in Guizhou is different from the paper-cuts of Han and northern minorities, its main use is as Miao clothing embroidery patterns.
- Guizhou Food: Guizhou food is composed of several flavors, such as Guiyang cuisine, Qianbei cuisine and ethnic minority cuisine. In the early Ming dynasty, Guizhou cuisine tended to mature, with many dishes dating back more than 600 years. Sour food is a feature of Guizhou cuisine.
Hot Destinations in Guizhou
Other Destinations in Guizhou
Guizhou has a long and splendid ethnic history and culture, rich and mysterious ethnic customs as well as pleasant climate, making it an ideal tourist sightseeing and summer resort. Guizhou tourism resource is made up of natural landscapes, climate species, lakes, mountains and rivers, ethnic customs, sacred sites and social development. Guizhou is a province rich in tourism resources types. Here, mountains, water, caves, forests and stones, all blend into one harmonious whole. World-renowned Huangguoshu Waterfall, Dragon Palace Cave Scenic Area, Chishui [...]
Guizhou is a province boasting both natural landscapes and cultural landscapes. Guizhou province is home to 48 ethnic groups in China, among which there are 18 long-dwelling peoples including Han, Miao, Buyi, Dong, Tujia, Yi, Gelao, Shui, Hui, Bai, Yao, Zhuang, She, Maonan, Man, Mongol, Mulao and Qiang. Each ethnic group has its own unique customs and culture. There are some popular destinations in Guizhou chosen by thousands of travelers every year, including Guiyang, Kaili, Anshun, etc. Therefore, our Guizhou tour packages are involved in ethnic culture and natural landscapes. Various tour [...]
- More City Tours Including Guizhou >>
- More China Provinces Tours Including Guizhou >>
- More Multi-City Tours Including Guizhou >>
- All Tours Including Guizhou >>
Climate & When to Go
Festivals and Activities
If we go to somewhere new, maps are good helper for us. To help you have a better understanding of Guizhou Province, we have collected some useful Guizhou maps including Guizhou transportation map, Guizhou regional map, Guizhou location map, Guizhou tourist attractions map, Guizhou cities map, map of scenic spots around Guiyang, Guizhou travel map, etc, through which you can probably know how to get to Guizhou and what to discover there. [...]