4 Days Jiayuguan Pass and Dunhuang Silk Road Tour
During the tour, we will take you visit the highlights in Jiayuguan and Dunhuang, including Jiayuguan Fort, Xuanbi Great Wall, Yulin Grottoes, Mogao Grottoes, Yardang National Geopark, etc. ...
Code of Tour: YCT0000001005
Length of Travel: 4 Day
Destinations of Tour: Jiayuguan-Dunhuang
Departure City: Dunhuang
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Photo Culture History Landscape
Jiayuguan is a pass standing at the western end of the Ming Dynasty Great Wall, which was built with rammed earth, making yellow its dominant hue and helping the pass blend harmoniously with the surrounding desert. During the tour, we will take you visit the highlights in Jiayuguan and Dunhuang.
- Go to see the starting point of Great Wall of Ming Dynasty – Jiayuguan Pass.
- Marvel at the nature wonders of the Yadan National Geological Park.
- Visit the world famous Mogao Grottoes.
- Day 1: Jiayuguan Arrival
- Day 2: Dunhuang
- Day 3: Dunhuang
- Day 4: Dunhuang Departure
Day 1 Jiayuguan Arrival
Sightseeing and Activities: Jiayuguan Fort, Great Wall Mesum, Xuanbi Great Wall
Take the morning flight or train to Jiayuguan and tour guide will pick you up from airport or train station. Then we will head to Jiayuguan Fort. Jiayuguan is a well restored fort marking the edge of the Great Wall in the Ming Dynasty time, in an important place in the Hexi Corridor. Frist we will stop at the Great Wall Mesum for a brief visit. Afte that, explore the grandoise fortress.
Then we will drive 18km to visit Xuanbi Great Wall. It is a part of the Chinese Great Wall along with Badaling Great Wall, Mutianyu Great Wall, Simatai Great Wall, Jinshanling Great Wall, etc.
Day 2 Dunhuang
Sightseeing and Activities: Yulin Grottoes, Shazhou Night Market
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
In the morning, drive to Dunhuang and stay over night here. We will stop at Yulin Grottoes for a visit. There are 42 grottoes that have 53820 square feet murals and over 250 painted sculptures retained in the Yulin Grottoes.
In the evening, try some local food at Shazhou Night Market or buy some interesting souvenirs.
Day 3 Dunhuang
Sightseeing and Activities: Mogao Grottoes Digital Exhibition Center, Mogao Grottoes
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
In the morning, drive about 10km to visit Mogao Grottoes Digital Exhibition Center to learn more about Mogao Grottoes. Then we will head to Mogao Grottoes, which is known as “The Thousand Buddha Cave”, and noted as one of the most important cultural and historical sites in China.
Day 4 Dunhuang Departure
Sightseeing and Activities: Yardang National Geopark, Ruin of Great Wall
After breakfast, drive to Yadan National Geopark. Situated 180 kilometers in the northwest away from Dunhuang City, Yadan National Gepark features the unique and wonderful scenes and landscapes of gobi desert. On route, we will stop to visit the Yumenguan Pass and Ruin of Great Wall of Han Dynasty.
Then transfer back to Dunhuang city for your flight or train.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic train tickets of soft sleeper.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.